DUI Lawyers in Jackson, Wyoming
Being pulled over and charged with a DUI (Driving Under the Influence of alcohol or other substance) can be a scary experience. You may be unsure of your rights and worried about your future. Even your first DUI arrest can have a significant effect on your criminal history, your finances, and your employment opportunities. Do not take the charge lightly, just because it’s your first DUI arrest. Act quickly to visit with a DUI attorney who can help you get in front of many of the issues associated with your DUI charge.
Have you been Charged with a DUI? Here’s What you Need to Know
The law surrounding driving under the influence is complicated. A DUI attorney can help you navigate the law and exercise your rights for the best possible outcome. Here are some things you should know.
- The 20 Day Rule. In Wyoming you have 20 days following your arrest to request a “Contested Case Hearing” in order to preserve your right to drive for 30 days. Failure to do so can result in a long list of possible consequences, such as a 90 day license suspension, 8 hours of DUI classes, reinstatement fees, and 6 months of ignition interlock equipment.
- You have the Right to Refuse a Field Sobriety Test. This is not mandatory, and knowing your rights can prevent you from incriminating yourself.
- A Chemical Sobriety Test is Mandatory. Implied consent applies here, and refusing a chemical sobriety test has severe consequences.
- The Legal Limit is 0.08% Blood Alcohol Level. This is in line with most other states nationwide.
- You Don’t Have to be Driving. You can be charged with a DUI for just sitting behind the wheel of a parked car.
Do I Need a DUI Attorney if its my First Offense?
Yes, even if it is the first time you have ever been pulled over and charged with a DUI, you need a lawyer’s services. An experienced DUI attorney in Jackson, Wyoming knows the local and state laws and will fight for your rights.
Facing DUI Charges? Call Mulligan Law Office in Jackson Hole, WY
If you’ve been pulled over and charged with a DUI, don’t attempt to fight the system alone. Call Mulligan Law Office at (307) 733-5961 as soon as possible following your arrest. The knowledgeable, experienced DUI lawyers at Mulligan Law Office will help protect your rights.